Jan 20, 2010

My First Month's Experience in TCS Siruseri

Don't know whether, I'm fortunate or not. Believe me, I've never been to such a large branch of company ever before. How could I? This is my first job. But Siruseri branch of TCS is really enough for a fresher. Before coming here, my definition of a IT Industry was different. Some computers, some brilliant programmers, and a little bit of professional gestures - that's all. But here, in Chennai the work-force is really interesting. And even more interesting is, the numbness of these work-force. A flow of busy yet silent Engineers, making a few thing out of nothing. Why? If you reach this place, you won't ask.

I was worried about my skills in PHP-MySQL. I was really afraid that I knew a little bit of Java. Again my stream is Java here. But, finally in my base branch I discovered, I know 'English' a lot. I can speak flawless. And even I know how to make a few out of nothing. Now a days, I really laugh at my college days. I don't really know, why I was taught more than 5 programming languages and 20+ theory papers. I'll never be asked to write some code, though I'm a sallaried Enginner. Hope, you understand my point.

Again, I'll say, I'm happy. Here in Chennai, my company, TCS has got loads of projects. However, I don't know, what the word 'projects' stand for. In these days, I realised that, the word 'consultancy' is more ambiguous. As of now, I believe, it's an act of discussing the solutions to a problem. Don't take me wrong. I never meant, it's also implementing the solutions. I think, you've started realizing that, you should leave this page now. You're really free to do that. Why? Again why? Simple. You're a blog reader, not an IT Professional. You can change your to-do's anytime.

1 comment:

Indhra Kannan said...


My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


Packers and Movers siruseri